2018 CNAHA@GWICC – Call for Lectures
The 29thGreat Wall International Cardiology (GWICC) will be held in Beijing from Oct 11-14, 2018. GWICC is one of the largest cardiology meetings in Asian- Pacific.
Bridging clinical, translational and basic medical and scientific cooperation between Chinese and American cardiovascular professionals is a mission of Chinese American Heart Association (CNAHA). Sending a delegation to GWICC has become one of our standard activities.
Same as last year GWICC Organizers have offered us with 6 fully funded (1st – Tier) and 6 partially funded (lodging support) lecturer opportunities. The criteria for qualifying CNAHA lecturers are:
1. Support CNAHA missions and with regular/lifetime membership fees paid by May 31, 2018.
2. 1st–Tier candidates: Lifetime members and regular members who paid their dues, and were not the delegates fully funded by GWICC in the prior year.
3. 2nd– Tier candidates: The fully funded delegates in the prior year. 2nd–Tier can be the backup for the 1stTier if no one else in the 1st–Tier can replace the role.
4. Willing to be called for serving as YIA judges and participating CNAHA group activities during the meeting.
Candidates who have actively participate CNAHA activities have the expertise and knowledge in regard to the session programs, or willing to share the best science/best medical practice experience and knowledge/technologies needed in China may have higher chances of being selected as CNAHA delegates.
This year GWICC has given us the privilege to organize/cohost following sessions:
- Symposiums for Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Session for Structural Heart Disease
- The 6th Prof Tsung O. Cheng Honorary Lectureship. The Honorary lecturer
- Young Investigator Award Program
We encourage the eligible 1st –Tier candidates, self- and/or alternatively- funded members and network colleagues to submit your proposed topics best fitting into the EP Symposium or Session for Structural Heart Disease. Those having good lectures but irrelevant to these two programs can also submit your lecture topics. If accepted they will be incorporated into other session programs.
Please submit your topics along with your CV to Li Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The Session Organizers and CNAHA@GWICC Subcommittee will make decisions as which lectures will be built into the given programs.
Lecture submission deadline: June 8, 2018
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you,
CNAHA@GWICC Subcommittee Chinese American Heart Association